DayTripper Waterford 2017
Daytripper returns to Waterford City Centre for Year 5 with a great new site at the Gasworks on the Waterside and a new date, the last weekend of August.
We are delighted to announce that global pop phenomenon and current chart-toppers CLEAN BANDIT will be headlining Daytripper on Friday, 25th August, as an Irish exclusive, with support from one of Ireland’s best loved and most successful DJs, 2fms’ JENNY GREENE, a fun filled and high energy set of 90s dance, pop and R’n’B chart classics from SMASH HITs, DJ & dance music producer JOHN GIBBONS, Tullamore group CHASING ABBEY and MARSHAL, a young DJ/Producer from the South East.
In 2015, Ali Campbell, the legendary voice and principal songwriter of UB40 reunited with vocalist/ percussionist/trumpeter Astro and keyboard player Mickey Virtue, all founding members of one of the UK’s biggest bands of the last 30 years UB40 and we are thrilled to have them back at Daytripper on their 2017 tour, which will be a celebration of their recently re-recorded Greatest Hits album.
THE BLADES have been added as Special Guests to UB40 at Daytripper on Saturday, 26 August. After some brilliantly received reunion gigs It’s a move that will delight the substantial ‘mods’ community. Also making a triumphant return to Daytripper, on the back of rave reviews for their second album ‘Old Dog, New Tricks, will be PROPELLER PALMS.
CATCH A FIRE, a 7 piece Bob Marley tribute band, complete the Saturday line-up.Buy Tickets
Important information for Daytripper 2017
- Gates open at the Gasworks and music starts at 6pm each day with the entertainment finishing at 11.30pm.
- Only ticket holders will be allowed on The Waterside on Friday or Saturday evenings.
- Attendees must agree to be subject to a search on the way in.
- Anyone under the influence of drink or drugs will be refused admission, even if in procession of a ticket, which is non-refundable.
- The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language are strictly prohibited and may result in arrest and/or ejection from the Venue.
- Please note there is NO readmission to the event.
- There will be full bar and food facilities on-site. Only food and drink purchased at the Venue is allowed and any food or drink bought in will be confiscated and not returned.
- Strictly only over 18’s may purchase or consume alcohol at the Venue.
- Under 16’s to be accompanied by an adult.
- Disabled viewing platform and WC’s will be in place.
- There will be Marquee facilities with table and chairs but Daytripper is primarily a stand-up event.
- No professional cameras/video-recorders/audio recorders allowed without prior permission.
- Tickets, once purchased, cannot be exchanged or refunded under any circumstances other then cancellation of the gig.